Aye-aye is one of the strangest looking primates. They can only be found in the north-eastern parts of Madagascar. They are nocturnal and usually at the altitude above 700 meters of rain forest trees.
It has specifically designed middle finger which is used for extraction of food from trunks, braches and hard shells. Aye-aye taps a branch with its finger and listens if there is any sound of moving insects or larvae inside. If the movement is detected, aye-aye will make a hole with sharp teeth and use its middle digit to scoop the prey.
The ancient legends of Malagasy considered it the symbol of death due to its scary looks and eerie call. They believe that if the long pointed finger is pointed to any person, death befalls him/her. This leads people to kill aye-ayes on sight. Aye-aye is listed as nearly threatened species with 1000 left on the wild and it is currently under protection.
Ronan was like Cabeswater: a maker of dreams. If he didn’t know the difference between waking and sleeping, it was because the difference didn’t matter to him.
↳Elena and Bonnie ♔ “Elena and I are bonded for life, I can’t imagine it any other way. She’s my sister. I mean, I’d die for her.”
“I’ve been in your head—once. Just not in your dreams.”
“Two days ago,” he said, putting it together. “At the rest stop.”
It was instinct to pull back, to let go before I felt him let go first, but he didn’t allow me.
“Don’t,” he said. “I’m not mad.”
cw for depression/suicide mention (it won’t be very detailed but just to be safe)
- yo greer here
- she super recently (like a couple months ago) finished up school at bristol community college to become an rn
- so now she works as an er nurse at saint anne’s hospital!!!!
- it’s still kinda scary and she’s just now got the hang of finding her way around but she also really likes it!!!!
- she has a crap ton of siblings because her parents don’t believe in birth control and their family is ridic close (you should make her some siblings)
- she has always struggled a lot with herself and her worth and her purpose and it took her a long time and a lot of work just to get to the decently ok place she’s in now and it takes a lot more to stay there
- she figured out that she wanted to become an er nurse when they brought her to the hospital after she tried to kill herself when she was eighteen and her nurse still treated her like a human being
- she is a really ridiculously nice person, but she doesn’t always show it
- like she’s not mean, but she’s usually just gonna stay quiet and smile at you before she breaks eye contact unless you’re visibly distressed enough to make her concern outweigh her reluctance to get involved
- but she’s not gonna overstep anybody’s boundaries if you tell her to back off or if you don’t seem in dire need of someone
- she’s not the flavor of super nice that involves letting people walk all over her tho (not anymore at least) and she’s definitely all for a lil bit of sarcasm and teasing
- nothing even like remotely harsh though or she’d feel awful she kinda wants to cry when she sees people get insulted or sees the way they flinch when their friend says something that hits too close to home
- idk ok greer’s super quiet and sensitive and she’s generally pretty good at reading people’s emotions and just wants to help because she knows what it’s like to be in a rough place and genuinely doesn’t want other people to have to go through it
- she just usually doesn’t help unless it’s something medical that someone’s in the er for or something she’s been asked to do because she’s super not about being up in yo business
- she pets your hair and takes your blood and takes the best care of you she can when you’re hurt / in the emergency room
- and she’s the newbie so she’s mostly stuck on the night shift sux 2 suck right
- (make her some brothers and sisters and some other hospital staff tho!!!!) (or some patients!!!!) (go break ur leg so u can come see her)